Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Blogs By My Students





My blog is a very different blog.  Most of the blogs are actually written by my students and my children.  Both  my children, Jonathan and Celina, were my students during their high school years.  What they have to say is probably more interesting than what I have to say.  I believe a blog written by me would not have the same effect a blog written by students would have.  So, I will continue to ask my students to blog and to share their blog.


In my work, I try to lead my students to a higher level of awareness be it spiritual or academic.  I try to help them find out a little more about themselves and maybe who God wants them to be.  All of us have a lot more to offer than we actually do offer.  I try to help them realize how much they have to offer the world and those in need.  Sometimes those needs are big though we all know that most of the time those needs are so small that most people don't even notice.  Mother Teresa once said, "We can not all do big things but small things with great love." Sometimes, all a person needs is a smile, a hello, and a bit of kindness and compassion.

I ask my students to write blogs so they can see for themselves the good they are doing for others.  Also, by writing these blogs, they help themselves realize how those they help are helping them.  It is a vicious beautiful cycle; I help you and you help me.  I heard this in a song today (wish I could remember the song title), "You have to give in order to receive." How true!  We all know this, but we tend to forget which means we need constant reminders about giving.

My students are giving more and more all the time and are coming to the realization that giving is a good thing helping both the giver and receiver.  Many of them are looking for opportunities to serve; the more they serve the better they become.  What I mean by better is they become better people.  They become more compassionate. They have more empathy.  They are willing to sacrifice, take a little less for themselves so others can have more.

They are bright, intelligent, caring, giving, loving, service-minded young people.  So, instead of reading what I have to say, let's see what they have to say.  Hope you enjoy.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment