Wednesday, May 19, 2021

I Chose You!

As the final week of this very unique (don't ever want to use the word unprecedented again) school year quickly approaches, I want to share with you an email I sent to the wonderful people who make up our St. Ann staff. Let's finish the 2020-21 school year strong! 

Dear St. Ann Educators,

As Jesus prayed for the disciples in today’s Gospel reading (John 17), I am reminded of our role as His disciples. As the disciples were sent out into the world, we have also been sent out into the world as Catholic School educators. “As you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world.” In John 15:16, Jesus said, “You did not choose me but I chose you.” We were chosen to do His work. So, the question for us today is: Jesus, what do you want me to do with my life today?

With the school year quickly ending, there appears to be a lot of tension and pressure mounting as we wrap up this most trying of school years. This is causing anxiety and uncertainty with students, parents, and educators alike. Let us remember that He chose us as Catholic School educators for a purpose. Let us deal with the anxieties and uncertainties by putting our faith and trust in Jesus and by moving forward as His disciples.

We have made it this far into this COVID-19 school year. We are tired! We are nearing our boiling point (if we haven’t reached it already)! We need for summer to hurry up and get here! We need for parents and students to calm down a bit (and for us to remember they too are tired and nearing their boiling point)!

Let us continue to focus on our work. The finish line is near, and you are all doing some amazing work. Be happy, loving, thankful, understanding, merciful, and be the disciples we have been chosen to be. Jesus loves you.

Jesus, what do you want me to do with my life today? Amen!

God bless you and love,

Didier Aur, Principal
St. Ann Catholic School

2 comments: